Dear A,
"When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathless, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining he is kissing every part of your body. No... don't blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away." -Louis de Berrieres, Captain Corelli's Mandolin
*
Waitin' On The Day
*
Forget the shallow stuff, I want the deepest kind of love.
That I want to stay up late and tell you my secrets kind of love.
That every time I see you, I fall to pieces kind of love
and I want that stand-next-to-me kind of love,
that you are my destiny kind of love.
That no matter what happens you always get the best of me kind of love.
That you get my heart and my mind
this world gets the rest of me kind of love.
That invest in me kind of love
because you already know that I'm invested in you kind of love.
That you come home upset and you you don't have to say anything
and I already know what to do - kind of love.
I want, love.
"Love Poem Medley" Rudy Francisco
*
"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." -Barbara de Angelis
*
Love, M
No comments:
Post a Comment