Dear A,
I can't believe how much time I spent doing work today. I stopped once for lunch and once because I fell asleep in the middle of reading an article, but otherwise I worked for 12 hours. I wish I could say that I feel a sense of accomplishment, but I'm going to get a new batch of assignments tomorrow, and the fun begins all over again.
Thank you for talking me through my mental breakdown last night. I usually try very hard to keep it together, but sometimes I just can't. So I'm glad you were there for me.
I ended up talking with my mom for several hours tonight. I think she needed someone to vent to, and that usually ends up being me. She's still frustrated with my dad and we got into a big discussion about him and about how you have to be very careful who you choose to spend your life with and how you can't plan for everything. I can't believe they're officially divorced... It makes me so, so sad. I've had to put on a brave face and just accept things the way they are and try to continue to lead a normal life, but I hate it. I hate that I have to split my time. I hate that they ask me about each other. I hate feeling like I'm stuck in the middle, constantly trying to referee their issues. I hate that I can't have an honest conversation with my father. I hate that my family fell apart.
I never, ever want my kids to go through this.
I hope you've had a good day. I'm sure you've been working hard too. If my work ethic is admirable it's only because you've taught me how.
Love, M
No comments:
Post a Comment