Monday, October 6, 2014

1:51am Chilly Fall Night

Dear A,

I almost fell asleep and then realized I never wrote today's letter. 

I spent a lot of time with strangers today, on flights and in vans, and it was refreshing to experience the kindness of everyone I encountered. I think it's too easy to become jaded by all the negative news stories that bombard the headlines and we forget that most of the people on this planet are just regular, everyday people like you and me. 

I believe we (and by "we" I mean the general population of the world) are innately good. Perhaps a bit self-serving at times, but altruistic at the core. 

I'm so fortunate to have a bounty of good people in my life...like you!

I know the letters have been short and somewhat uninteresting the past few days, but now that I'm back I can put in the effort they deserve. 

Love, M 

No comments:

Post a Comment