Friday, October 24, 2014

10:01pm Craving Turkey

Dear A,

I have never wanted Thanksgiving to come so badly. The stretch between August and the holidays is always the hardest, and I'm feeling its wrath full-force. I'm exhausted, over-worked and I fall asleep at random hours during the day. I try not to complain a lot, because I knew that this is what my life was going to be like this year, but man...

Still, I'd rather be busy than not. I'd rather have most of my hours filled with things to do than to slump around aimlessly. I'm so thankful I have a path I'm walking and a direction I want to go. And I know all this hard work is going to pay me back tenfold in the end.

Thank you for the picture with Isabelle and Lauren today. What a great gift. It made me very happy... but you already knew it would, that's why you sent it.

I like it when you're thoughtful.

Tomorrow is going to be a rough day. I have a six hour workshop to attend and lots of homework to do for next week. I also have to prep for my observed lesson on Monday afternoon. I hate having my supervisor watch me teach. I always get nervous even though I know I'm prepared and I know what I'm doing. I think I'm just afraid that she'll tell me I don't belong as teacher. I know that's a completely irrational fear, but aren't all fears irrational?

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment