My favorite poem in the whole world is "George Gray" by Edgar Lee Masters. I know I've shared this poem with you before... it was probably a little less than a year ago when we were talking about poetry late at night and you told me about "In Paris With You."
"George Gray" comes from the book Spoon River Anthology which is a series of epitaphs about characters in the fictional town of Spoon River. Some are funny. some are sad, and some reveal secrets between the people in the town. But "George Gray" offers advice, and I find myself returning to him every now and then when I'm in need of direction.
I felt like it was appropriate to call back George at this time when we're on the brink of answering the call of ambition and filling our sails with the winds of destiny. Don't be afraid to go after what you want, even if it means risking everything in the process. I believe in you.
Love, M
No comments:
Post a Comment