I just read through this article/blog post/masterpiece and my initial reaction was that just once in my life, I'd like to have an experience like this. I'd like to spend an absurd amount of money on something totally and completely unnecessary, just because.
But then I thought about it a little more... spending $20,000 on a plane flight is such a waste! I'd much rather spend that money at my destination, instead of on something as temporary as transportation. Plus, if I spent that much money on a flight, like the guy writing the post, I wouldn't want to get off the plane. One of and perhaps the only upsides of riding in
The other downside to spending $20,000 on a plane ticket is that once you fly that way, you'd never want to go back to a regular airplane seat again. I've ridden in business class exactly once in my life (which says a lot considering how many times I've been on an airplane) and it was on a two and a half hour flight to Seattle. I got a drink in a glass cup, a snack on a real plate and about four more inches of butt space. But it was just enticing enough to make the return trip in coach class a little less enjoyable.
So, I guess I've talked myself out of the fancy flight to Singapore. I think the only occasion I'd splurge for first class would be for my honeymoon. But even then, it doesn't matter so much what type of seat you're sitting in, all that matters is who you're sitting next to.
Love, M
No comments:
Post a Comment