Sunday, September 28, 2014

12:34am The Sirens Keep Me Up

Dear A,

The World Is Not As Dark As It Seems

If you ever wake up, and think that no one needs you, I need you.

If you ever wake up, and think that there's no love, I will always love you.

If you ever wake up, and can't find your purpose, I will hold a candle and help you find it.

If you ever wake up, and don't know who or why you are, I can tell you.

If you ever wake up, an don't know why you bothered, I will remind you.

Please remember me, and let me give you reasons. 


Sometimes, other people can say the things we want to say better than we can. 

I often think about what it is that I can offer you, especially from so far away. You're older than me, you've had more life experiences. You're calm and rational and patient and brilliant. You can take care of yourself. But I've spent the last eight months learning you. A lot of the time, there wasn't much I could do but sit back and watch from a distance. A lot of the time, when I was so confused about what was going on between us, I would spend countless hours across numerous days writing it all out until I understood. You are the messiest lines in my notebooks. You are all the scribbles on the corners of pages. I've written you into clarity.

I've touched you infinity. I whispered you stardust.

And even though you still find ways to surprise me and pull the universe out from under my feet, I know you well enough to give you reasons.

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment