Wednesday, November 12, 2014

9:34pm Love is an Open Door

Dear A,

I feel yucky... I haven't been eating right and I haven't been exercising as much as I want to because I'm so exhausted by the end of the day all I want to do is get in bed and fall asleep. But this has to change. Over the summer I worked out every single day. Granted, I had way more time, but I need to find a way to make time now. I feel like a huge, lazy blob, and I don't want to start looking like how I feel.

I've always been self-conscious about my body. I have never been comfortable with how big my hips and butt are, and it's always made me feel bad that I can't fit into cute, tiny dresses or walk around in a bikini without somehow trying to cover my middle. Now, I know that I'm not fat, but I also know that I'm not skinny, and while I don't believe in stupid fad diets or worse, starving myself, I do believe in making healthy choices and getting regular exercise, and I hate that I've been slacking on both of those things.

I need to do better. I don't want you to get here and think that I've let myself go. I don't want to have to buy bigger pants or baggier shirts. I'm probably grossly exaggerating, and it definitely hasn't gotten to that point, but I don't want it to.

My goals for the next 10 days (until all bets are off for Thanksgiving) are:

1. Drink 36oz of water a day
2. Go to the gym for at least 30 minutes every other day during the week and an hour on weekends
3. Have fruits and vegetables with each meal
4. No added sugar
5. Less salt
6. Nothing fried
7. Sit-ups and plank every morning before getting in the shower or starting my day
8. Go to bed by midnight and get up by 8 (or 7 on the days I teach early)
9. Take vitamins every morning
10. Take fish oil pills every night

There. That should do it. Just having goals is making me feel better already. It's never, ever too late to make the right choices.

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment