Dear A,
There are nine October letters you haven't read yet, not that it really matters... you can read them whenever you want. I just don't want you to think you've read everything when you haven't. Especially "Chilled" because that one is the most important.
I've been obsessively listening to Italian opera all day long. I don't know why, but it's all I want. I can't understand anything they're saying and I can't sing along, but it's so beautiful. My mother used to listen to opera while she made dinner and my brother and I used to complain about how boring it was. I think I'm starting to understand why she always played it... just because you can't understand what they're saying, doesn't mean all meaning is lost.
My current obsession is "O Mio Babbino Caro" which is so heart-wrenching and wonderful I've had it on repeat over and over. In my searches I came across this little Dutch girl who performed the piece for Holland's Got Talent. I don't know what I was doing at nine years old, but it definitely wasn't anything nearly as impressive as this.
It was cold and rainy today, so I treated myself to a chai latte while I read for class and listened to opera in the lounge. If only they had lit the fireplace, my afternoon would have been perfect. As stressful as it is to take six classes and student teach at the same time, quiet moments like that are so enjoyable and I need to do a better job of appreciate those little moments while I'm here.
I can't wait to show you around so when I talk about these places, you'll be able to have a visual to go along with my words! Soon, so soon :)
Love, M
No comments:
Post a Comment