Monday, November 17, 2014

10:54pm Why Am I Wide Awake?

Dear A,

And so begins the longest week of my life.

I have three mock unit plans due in a month and I started working on one of them tonight. I'm going to do a poetry unit centered mainly around spoken word, and after doing some initial research and discussing it with my classmates, I'm actually really, really excited about it! I can't wait to teach in my own classroom and take the mock units I've been designing at TC into the "real world." I'm so glad that I'm finally getting an education with practical assignments. Hallelujah.

In other news, the HIGH for tomorrow is 30 degrees. That's a low if I've ever heard one. I'm definitely going to buckle and bust out my knee-length parka with zero shame whatsoever. I was trying to save it for when the snow hits, but I'm going to have to cave early because there's no way I'm walking to school tomorrow when it's 28 degrees without it. And a hat. And mittens. And very tall socks.

Brace yourself, lad. It might still be summer in California, but it's winter out here!

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment