Tuesday, November 18, 2014

10:26pm Thinking Out Loud

Dear A,

My college roommate freshman year (whom I've actually known since 7th grade) got engaged yesterday. We're not really friends anymore, and I don't know much about her new fiance, but they've been dating for a couple years she seems happy. It is still so surprising to me that I'm getting to the age where my friends are getting married and having babies. I can't believe it. I feel like it's all happening so quick.

I've always worn rings, but I've never worn any jewelry on my left hand ring finger. I'm saving it. I've never told anyone that before.

I wonder if the next 24 years of my life are going to go by slower or faster than the last 24. Everyone always talks about how short life is, but sometimes it seems so long. I'd like to believe that the next 24 years are going to be the best ones. I am finally starting to nail down who I am, what matters most to me, and what I want to do with my life. I've always been uncomfortable with uncertainty, and I feel like as I've grown (especially in the last couple years), a lot of the uncertainties I've been struggling with are becoming more clear. I'm grateful for that.

With all the engagements and weddings happening around me, I can't help but think about my own. I've been all over the place about what I want. I was never the girl who had her wedding planned out by the time she started Kindergarten, but it is something I wonder about every now and then. I know I've said that I don't really care how it happens, I don't need to have a huge ceremony or deal with the stress of bridesmaids, invitations and engagement parties ... but I want people to be there. I want to wear white. I want to walk down an aisle.

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment