Saturday, November 8, 2014

11:22pm Sleepy Eyes

Dear A,

We have tickets for The Lion King!

About a thousand times a day I think of how happy I am that you're going to be here. I'm not sure you fully understand exactly what this means to me. It speaks volumes.

I hope you know how appreciative I am that you're spending time and money and facing your fears of flying to come out here to be with me. It is no small gesture and I both recognize and am so grateful for what you're doing.

Two weeks from tonight, I won't be sleeping alone! I hate sleeping alone. It is the thing I missed the most after my breakup. I had to fill the other side of my bed with pillows and blankets so that I didn't have the emptiness mocking me. I couldn't take it. I had to get new sheets and a new comforter because no matter how many times I washed my sheets, I couldn't get the memories out.

And then all of a sudden, there you were, taking up the space I had been so afraid of.

My bed here is much smaller, so there isn't a lot of room for loneliness, but it creeps in every now and then. I miss the feeling of safety that comes from falling asleep while being held. I'm looking forward to having that back for a few nights.

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment