Dear A,
Even though life is so uncertain, and the fate of you and I remains unknown, the fact that we've parsed through so many of the ups and downs of a relationship without actually being in one at the moment, gives me so much hope.
You are thoughtful and careful with your words. You pay attention to what you choose to say and how it might affect whomever you're speaking to. You might make impulsive vacation purchases, but you take your time with matters if greater importance, like feelings. I am so thankful for that.
I'm not used to being looked after and thought about the way you think about me. I'm not used to having someone take my thoughts and feelings into account before they do or say something. I probably don't thank you enough. I've probably never thanked you at all, for that.
I will not lie, I've forgotten what it's like to be near to you. It's been so long, my skin cannot recall the sensation of being held by you. But I have a memory of the way I used to feel falling asleep with you. I remember safe. I remember happy. I remember warm. I remember hating the sun for coming up and forcing us out of bed. So, for those reasons, I am inclined to believe that having you here again will be nothing shy of perfect.
Love, M
No comments:
Post a Comment