Sunday, May 10, 2015

9:03am The Death of This

Dear A,

I can feel you slowly slipping away ... or perhaps it's just my imagination, but I have no way of knowing since you have such a hard time expressing your feelings.

It feels like ever since you decided to move to India, you've be pulling further away from me. We don't talk as much now. Whenever I say anything that even hints about my feelings towards you, you don't respond. I'm not blind to it, I see what's going on.

I thought that your leaving might make you see the necessity for keeping in contact with those who tie you to home. That's how I felt when I left; like I needed a connection to where I belong so that I would always know the way back. Perhaps you're fine with just going.

Two years is so long.

I am sorry that I can't go with you. I'm sorry that I don't want to marry you before I date you. But that doesn't mean I wanted to lose my connection with you. Although, if I'm the only one who feels this way, then what's the point? If I'm the only one who makes an effort, what does it matter? Two years is a long, long time, but it's not a death sentence. Silence is what will be the death of this.

Love, M


No comments:

Post a Comment